One of the nation s largest and most respected hospital companies, Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) has built an impressive record of achievement and performance. Steadily growing from a startup to an esteemed Fortune 500 corporation, UHS today has annual revenue nearing $10 billion. In 2017, UHS was recognized as one of the World s Most Admired Companies by Fortune; ranked #276 on the Fortune 500, and listed #275 in Forbes inaugural ranking of America s Top 500 Public Companies.
Our operating philosophy is as effective today as it was 40 years ago: Build or acquire high quality hospitals in rapidly growing markets, invest in the people and equipment needed to allow each facility to thrive, and become the leading healthcare provider in each community we serve.
Headquartered in King of Prussia, PA, UHS has more than 81,000 employees and through its subsidiaries operates more than 320 acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers in the United States, Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands and the United Kingdom.
The Mobile Assessor will provide solid relationship with local ERs/hospitals to maximize referral potential from all relevant hospital departments and assist with admission process with all hospital referrals. The Mobile Assessor will provide ERs/hospitals with resources needed for patients we can t assist.
This opportunity provides the following:
- *UHS is Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within UHS and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision and Prescription Drug Plan.
- 401k plan with company match
- Generous Paid Time Off
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide hospital with quick admissions times. Clearing beds is usually the first priorities o hospitals, especially in the ER.
- Provide hospitals resources for clients we can t accept in real time ie calling the resource ourselves for follow up.
- Work closely with the local psych hospitals to refer them all appropriate clients and keep relations optimal.
- Increase presence in the hospitals to increase availability to assist clients.
- Build as many relationships as possible with different shifts and departments of hospital including ER, psych, med surg floor, case management department, etc to maximize referral potential.
- Perform quick forms on potential clients via laptop in real time.
- Use clinical knowledge to perform a thorough assessment via laptop in real time.
- Work with Admission Center to move the client through the determination and assessment phase for the appropriate facility. Including faxing over any documentation the facility may need to complete admission (labs, clearance, etc).
- Work with insurance verification and work closely with verification of benefits teams to be able to facilitate client transfers in real time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to inspire client confidence in the FRN Staff and the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Ability to consistently demonstrate through conduct and communications the stability required to effectively assist patients and their family members through the FRN Model of Treatment.
- Ability to build relationships with diverse individuals and groups.
- Understands need for and maintains appropriate confidentiality at all times when interacting with patients, residents, families, visitors, referral sources and all other contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Must have general knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and presentations (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and the ability to incorporate needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into the organization.
Education and Experience
- Clinical degree in (Nursing, Behavioral Health, Addiction Services, Licensed Clinician) with credentials required per state guidelines.
- Degree in clinical related mental health field
- Favorable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) along with proof of insurance when using own auto.
- Preferred minimum of two (2) years experience
- Prior work with Addiction Recovery preferred
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Full Time/PRN/evenings and weekends shift position and on call during all shifts 7/24/365
- Sits, stands, bends, lifts and moves intermittently during work hours.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to be physically mobile, climb stairs is required.
- Position requires work on the computer requiring manual dexterity and visual acuity.
- Ability to read, write and analyze detailed information.
- A current, valid driver s license and a clean driving record is required.
- Due to the 24/7 operational demands, must be available after normal working hours and on holidays to manage emergencies that may arise.
- Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone.
UHS is a registered trademark of UHS of Delaware, Inc., the management company for Universal Health Services, Inc. and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Universal Health Services, Inc. Universal Health Services, Inc. is a holding company and operates through its subsidiaries including its management company, UHS of Delaware, Inc. All healthcare and management operations are conducted by subsidiaries of Universal Health Services, Inc. To the extent any reference to \"UHS or UHS facilities\" on this website including any statements, articles or other publications contained herein relates to our healthcare or management operations it is referring to Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Further, the terms \"we,\" \"us,\" \"our\" or \"the company\" in such context similarly refer to the operations of Universal Health Services' subsidiaries including UHS of Delaware. Any employment referenced in this website is not with Universal Health Services, Inc. but solely with one of its subsidiaries including but not limited to UHS of Delaware, Inc.
UHS is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at UHS via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of UHS. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by UHS as a result of the referral or through other means.
Associated topics: advocate, clinician, counselor, disabilities, domestic, family, insights, npho, outpatient, violence