In-Home Care Provider
The Companion PersonalCare Assistant (PCA) provides services to patients/clients in their places ofresidence that includes, but is not limited to, certain “hands-off” care. Theprovision of “hands-off” care as described above is contingent upon thelicensing requirements of each state.
• Provide direct care to patients in their homes to ensure that they arecomfortable, well-cared for, and engaged.
• Supervise the safety of the patient/client when bathing, toileting, anddressing.
• Provide assistance with grocery shopping and light housekeeping chores.
• Remind patients to take medications. Notify supervisor if medications are notproperly taken.
• Help members to transfer from their chairs/beds and ambulate safely aroundtheir homes.
• Provide meals, either through simple cooking or heating up pre-preparedmeals.
• If necessary, feed patients and ensure that they drink enough liquids.
• Ensure that patients are properly toileted. For those that are incontinent,change diapers and ensure that they are dry and clean.
• Follow up andcommunicate with supervisor on any issue that may be of concern to the patientor their family.
• CPR and First Aid Certified (reimbursable expense)
• Ability to adhere to time and attendance policies
• Ability to carry out tasks in a professional manner and adhere to policiesregarding professionalism and boundaries
• Language Skills: Read, write, and speak English fluently. (Able tocommunicate effectively and professionally with other departments, members, andtheir families).
• Technical Skills: Basic computers skills, including email. Ability to learnskills necessary for safety monitoring technologies.
• Other Skills & Abilities: Genuine enthusiasm for working with childrenwith special needs. Willingness to learn. Able to work with little directsupervision. Strong customer service approach to all work andinteractions.
Please contact Yen Nguyen at MaximHealthcare if you are interested! 408-914-9153
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...