Associate Research Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Title: Associate Research Scientist
Location: Redwood City, CA
Start date: ASAP
- The successful candidate will carry out both stem cell engineering and molecular assays to achieve gene targeting and gene editing.
- GMAs will support drug discovery, therapeutic programs, and in vivo studies.
- The candidate will be responsible for all genetic screening and validation of new engineered ES cells and genetic models, including assay design.
- Culture and maintain embryonic stem cells and iPS cells.
- Carry out ES cell engineering process under limited instruction.
- ES cell screening, mouse screening and transgene expression/functional validation.
- Collaborate within and beyond transgenic department to further validate, characterize, and distribute models.
- MS with 1+ years or BS with 2+ years in Biological Science fields with relevant industry experience.
- Mammalian cell, embryonic stem cell /iPS cell culture and manipulations are preferred.
- PCR, RT-PCR, qPCR, gel electrophoresis and other routine molecular biology lab techniques are required. ddPCR and gene expression experience are preferred.
- Experience with CRISPR gene editing techniques, gene transfer, and homologous recombination or HDR is preferred.
- Strong understanding of genetics and genotyping, breeding and production, and downstream phenotypic analysis.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Joule, a System One division is a leader in specialized workforce solutions and integrated services. With more than 6,000 employees and roughly 50 offices throughout the U.S. we provide scientific, clinical, engineering, energy, IT, legal and administrative staffing services. For more than 40 years, we have delivered workforce solutions and integrated services to clients nationally.Job Requirements:
Loading some great jobs for you...