Have you watched Game of Thrones on hbo.com or live broadcasting of FIFA World Cup Soccer on espn.com? If the answer is yes, you have already used Conviva technologies.
Conviva is processing billions of video events globally every day, performing multistage data transformations and providing real-time analytics to our customers. In order to handle the challenges of processing these large data sets in real-life, we kept on moving quickly alongside with the rest of the industry by both utilizing cutting edge technologies, like Apache Spark, as well as providing innovative in-house platform solutions.
At the core of our engineering culture, we truly believe in the value of technological advancement and what it can do to help with our business.
What you get to do
* Work with billions of online video events to analyze, design, and build advanced algorithms for video analytics, alerts, and optimization on big data platforms
* Develop, document, test, and release production quality code
* Debug and fix issues throughout the development and deployment cycles
* Analyze, evaluate, research, and prototype new and existing algorithms
What you bring to the role
* Strong desire to work in a startup company and make it a success
* Strong knowledge of OOD/OOP principles, exceptional knowledge of CS fundamentals, distributed systems, data structures, algorithms
* Experience building high-quality and scalable production software
* Proven system design skills and strong desire to follow software development best practices
* Strong communication skills and easy going attitude
* BS (with 2+ years of industry experience) or MS/Ph.D. in CS or equivalent
* Plus: Knowledge of video streaming and transport
* Plus: Strong mathematical background
* Plus: Experience with Spark and Hadoop
* Plus: Experience applying machine learning to solve real-world problems
Conviva powers every internet-connected screen with the most engaging viewing experiences imaginable by elevating the way OTT businesses use data-driven intelligence. For years, HBO, Sky, ESPN and the like have been using the Conviva Platform to enlighten, reveal and inform with important insights around consumer in-screen viewing experience allowing them to connect those metrics to important business outcomes. This allows customers to not only maximize subscriber retention and growth but also understand content and viewing trends so that they can deliver more personalized viewing experiences. We make engagement a data-driven outcome based on actionable quality of experience (QoE) analytics. Conviva is privately held and headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with offices in New York and London. For more information, please visit us at www.conviva.com
Associated topics: .net, algorithm, application, backend, develop, matlab, perl, software developer, software engineer, software programmer