Employment Type: Full-Time
The Immigration Paralegal's primary purpose is to contribute to the goals of the organization by servicing our growing client base and excellent attorneys in the preparation and processing of immigration-related applications and petitions.
This role is an ideal fit for someone who excels in building relationships, possesses strong case management skills and maintains a well-organized yet adaptable work style. Because this role engages in a heavy amount of written correspondence, this position requires excellent writing skills, including a strong vocabulary and knowledge of correct grammar and punctuation rules. The most successful individuals are also fanatical about details and can spot and correct errors quickly.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Legal research on immigrant and non-immigrant visa options and alternatives
- Preparation and filing of a variety of visas and labor certification applications, including B-1, B-2, E-1, E-2, H-1B, H-3, K-1, L-1, F-1, M-1, J-1, O, P, R, PERM
- Must be able to speak in Chinese
- Prepare draft applications, petitions, written correspondence and affidavits
- Coordinates translations of foreign documents and equivalency evaluations of foreign degrees
- Assist in researching and analyzing foreign legal documents
- Coordinate responses to RFEs (Request for Evidence)
- Manage client cases and act as a point of contact for relevant parties, including clients, attorneys and outside agencies
- Compile data and prepare/update systems, spreadsheets and various reports
- Participate fully in meetings, trainings and team building events
- Adhere to the concept of team, aligning to and supporting the firm’s vision, mission, goals and core values
- Additional responsibilities, as directed by leadership
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Paralegal certification and/or degree from accredited college or university preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of the law and legal procedures, acquired through educational coursework and/or job experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in a legal environment
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Highly-organized and able to prioritize and plan efficiently
- Effective critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- Extremely detailed, accurate and thorough
- Commitment to continuous learning
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and three references ( name , relationship, phone number)
As part of our hiring process, we will contact references prior to meeting.
Job Type:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...