Provides leadership and direction to a team of applications engineers globally through managers. Is accountable for the performance and results of a region or related job families. Works through account teams and the business unit to develop CMP processes incorporating Applied’s Dimension 3D pad. Interfaces directly with target customers globally. Executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy. Participate in development and execution of segment/functional business plans. Decisions are guided by segment/functional strategy and priorities. Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area.
1. Resolves complex field process issues utilizing systematic troubleshooting methodology generally involving multiple processes. Create a mechanism to communicate issues, track progress and pull resources from multiple business unit and/or functions. Uses sound statistical techniques like and problem solving methodologies DOEs (Designs of Experiment) to quickly determine root cause and action plans. Communicates learning's from this portion to rest-of-world to strengthen the product packages.
2. Provides oversight of customer demos, including defining demo conditions and analyzing results.
3. Assists account teams in managing the customer account to gain qualifications for Applied’s CMP pads at targeted customersenhance customer satisfaction and increase AMAT’s product and technical reputation.
4. Works with business unit in technology development and transfer to customers including customized process development. Plans unit process sequence based on customer requirements. Negotiates process specifications and service offerings with customers. Takes ownership of delivering the required process solution to the customers that meets their specification.
5. Serves as the CMP pads applications domaincustomer expert for Applied’s CMP program as it relates to customer’s applications and process. across a broad range of products. Plays a key role in defining product strategy and identifying gaps. Works closely with the development group to define product requirements. Provides feedback to business unit heads on product acceptability and improvement.process and hardware improvements to meet customer roadmap requirements.
6. Takes the lead in positioning new technologies to customers utilizing technical information from business unit . Interfaces with customers at key development and manufacturing sites to form strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversees joint development activities or beta-site testing programs.Makes presentations to customer’s R&D and manufacturing engineering groups. Works directly with customer’s engineering management to determine executive level presentations.
7. Keeps abreast of new developments in own and related technology groups. Participates in publishing in ET conferences and journals.
8. Forms strategic partnerships to evaluate new and emerging technologies and oversee joint development activities or beta-site testing programs.
• Demonstrates broad and comprehensive understanding of CMP processes different systems, theories and practices
• Applies broad industry and commercial awareness to drive financial and operational performance across business unit, department or sub-functions
• Leads through subordinate managers of managers; executes segment/functional business plans and contributes to the development of segment/functional strategy
• Directs the resolution of highly complex or unusual technical business problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
• Guided by segment/functional strategy, impacts results of a department, business unit or sub-function or facilitates the work done by other segments/functions by providing support to impact the business
• Negotiates and influences the opinions of others at the senior executive level and in external organizations; exercises sensitivity to the audience
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
Education: Master’s level Technical/Engineering Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 10 - 15 Years specific CMP experience either at the customer level or with a CMP consumables supplier
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...